Why do I need to verify my identity?
ALT requires all customers that transact on the platform to verify their identity (otherwise known as a KYC process). This is required by law to be completed by financial technology platforms.
ALT works with a third party named Persona and does not store any of your personal information. Security and privacy are paramount to a trusted relationship. That’s why Persona is certified to the highest industry standards and committed to protecting our customer's privacy. You can learn more about Persona's security practices here.
To verify your account, you will need:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Provide your current address
- Social security number (U.S.)
- A valid government-issued photo ID (U.S & International)
If asked, documentation or a "selfie" photo may be needed further verify your identity with ALT's identity verification service.
- Do not use a scanned image or copy of your ID
- 90% of the image should be the document
- Capture the image directly above the document
- Use a smartphone, as it typically produces the clearest photo
- Avoid lighting that may cause glare, do not use flash
- Rest your ID on a contrasting surface
- Don’t hold the ID in your hands
- Face the camera directly and ensure it remains eye-level
- Pose in front of a plain wall or background
- Do not wear sunglasses or a hat
- Try to match your appearance as much as possible to your ID photo
Acceptable Identity DocumentsNote: Some of these ID types are only relevant to certain locales and may not be relevant to you. Once a country is selected, available options will be presented.
- Citizen certificate
- Consular ID
- Driver license
- Healthcare Insurance card
- National ID
- Internal passport
- Long-Term pass card
- Military ID
- My Number card
- NBI card
- OFW ID
- PAN card
- Postal ID
- Passport card
- Permanent resident card
- Residency permit
- Social Security ID
- US Travel Document
- Voter ID
- Work permit
After verifying your account, you will have the ability to fund your account.